Search This Blog

Sunday 17 May 2015

Diabetes Blog Week Day 7 - Continuing Connections



The very first inspiration for Diabetes Blog Week was to help connect our blogging community, and that continues to be the most important reason it's held every year.  So let's help foster and continue those connections as we wrap up another Dblog Week.  Share a link to a new blog you've found or a new friend you've made.  Or pick a random blog off of the Participant's List, check it out and share it with us.  Let's take some time today to make new friends.


I missed the one yesterday where we talked about our favourite posts on our blogs. But thats ok because I find that sort of awkward and weird. I am typically over-confident and sarcastic. Probably to a fault. It seems one of the only times I am not over-confident is in my own writing ability. So we're just going to ignore the part where I'm supposed to plug my own posts.

We'll jump right into TODAY. Sunday. And plug other people's blogs and posts instead because that actually sounds awesome and fun and I loved reading them, so you should too.

First of all, a massive Hagrid-sized thank you to Karen at Bittersweet for running blog week for us again :) It's something we all enjoy & I love getting to find & read the new blogs.



Bec, of Sweet & Sour. I always love reading her stuff. I also just learnt that she also has a little bit of the bogan raging inside of her, so Aussie pride....with a side of Harry Potter.


Heather at Random! had some great blogs & opened my eyes up to travelling a bit more with diabetes. Something I'm keen on but pretty nervous about.

Bustin' for Justin had a great personification of diabetes - as a poop head evil jerk! I could not get over this one. Plus you have to see Justin's best ever drawing of diabetes.

Kelley talked very candidly about why we may keep things off the interwebs in her Keep it To Yourself post & the effect that comments can have on our posts. It actually made me stop and think before posting a reply to a blog that I read and absolutely disagreed with - and stopped me posting the comment even when I thought it was necessary. So props to Kelley, teaching me life lessons.


The cinnamon cure post on Very Light, No Sugar was witty and oh-so-true!

And last but not least, Bigfoot Child Have Diabetes' post on Change hit me right in the feels and made me remember the horrible way I felt before diagnosis.




That's a wrap! (look at me, using film school student language. I guess my degree was useful after all).

4 comments:

  1. How nice to meet you, Ashleigh! I'm glad I found your blog, through Bec's, which I found through...I forget. Karen Graffeo is amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashleigh! (though sadly there's more than a little bit of bogan ;) )
    Loved your posts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out, Ashleigh! But don't be afraid to comment! It's good to hear both sides sometimes! In my case, the comment was a personal attack on me (a family member's BF) that came out of left field and unrelated to blog post but dealing with emotions-if that makes any sense! It just hurt when I was already dealing with hurt (and using my blog as therapy to address my hurt). Haha, long winded but I think comments that disagree can be good if they are handling with respect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the shout out amongst some great blog posts, Ashleigh! It is nice to virtually meet you through DBlog Week, and I look forward to reading more of your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete